Hot Topics Involving the Wicomico River & Watershed
These are topics involving the Wicomico River and the Wicomico Watershed including campaigns, city and county legislation, and common terms used when talking about the river and watershed.
Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP):
Critical Area Act (CAA):
Impervious Surfaces Tax (Rain Tax)
Dredging of the River
The Attorney General's Wicomico River Audit
- In July 2013 the Attorney General conducted his audit on the Wicomico River
- The report includes active enforcement and pending matters including the Delmar Wastewater Treatment Plant, Contamination of residential wells, Salisbury Wastewater Treatment Plant, and Market Street Stormwater Restoration Project
- The Attorney General talked to many people and organizations during his visit including the Wicomico County Council, Salisbury's Mayor and City Council, Salisbury Univeristy Professor's, Wicomico Environmental Trust, Wicomico Creekwaters, the Ward Museum, and the Lower Shore Land Trust.
- The report also mentions the Impervious Surfaces Tax, removing failing septic's, pollution from trash and automobiles, smart growth, the benefits to living shorelines, the dredging of the river, and the Conowingo Dam.
- To read to Attorney General's Report (pages 14-21 are about the Wicomico River) click here