Although, there are not many fishing tournaments on the Wicomico River, there are two that very different ones. The first one is a tournament for kids in the city park. The other is a tournament with a local bass club. The information below can help you get in contact with both oranizations.
Annual Youth Fishing Derby Cast your line and reel in the big ones! Join us for the Annual Free Youth Fishing Derby at Salisbury City Park where children 15 and younger can take part in America's Favorite Family Past-time. The park's pond will be stocked with approximately 500 Blue Gills, which will join the pond's current inhabitants including Catfish, Large-Mouth Bass, Perch, and Carp.
- Registration: 8:30-9:00am on site
- Program Fee: Free Event!
- Age Group: Youth: 15 and younger
- Date(s): Saturday, June 7, 2014
- Time(s): Fishing 9:00-11:00am; Lunch and Trophies 11:00am-12:00pm
- Location(s): Salisbury City Park
- Details: Come on out to the Annual Free Youth Fishing Derby! Please bring your own bait and rod. Food and Drinks will be provided for participants. Trophies will also be awarded incuding but not limited to: Most Fish Caught, Most Unusual Catch, and Biggest Fish.
- Contact: Email Katie Addis, the Program Director at email@example.com or call 410-548-4900 ext. 109
Eastern Shore Bassmasters has a few tournament along the Wicomico River annually. Their schedule varies so it is important to check their website. It is located at Eastern Shore Bassmaster.